Related
Case Studies

 

Estidama

Estidama is used in the Middle East and was developed primarily for Abu Dhabi where it is also embedded within local legislation.

 

Estidama is divided into 7 categories and incorporates a Pearl Rating System. The Pearl rating system of Estidama is designed to provide the most cost-effective, high performing developments and creating a new sustainability framework.

 


The various categories and possible Pearl Rating Systems are:


 

Category

Number of Points

IDP – Integrated Development Process 

13

NS – Natural Systems

12

LB - Livable Buildings

37

PW – Precious Water

43

RE – Resourceful Energy

44

SM – Stewarding Materials

28

IP – Innovating Practice 

3


 

Within each section there are both mandatory and optional credits and credit points are awarded for each optional credit achieved. To achieve a 1 Pearl rating, all the mandatory credit requirements must be met. To achieve a higher Pearl rating, all the mandatory credit requirements must be met along with a minimum number of credit points.



 

Pearl Rating Achieved

Points

1 Pearl

All Mandatory Points

2 Pearl

All Mandatory Points

+ 60 Section points

3 Pearl

All Mandatory Points

+ 85 Section points

4 Pearl

All Mandatory Points

+ 115 Section points

5 Pearl

All Mandatory Points

+ 140 Section points


 

Kingspan products can help achieve credits in the following categories:

  • Integrated Development Process
  • Liveable Buildings
  • Resourceful Energy
  • Precious Water
  • Stewarding Materials

Kingspan could contribute up to 24% of the overall credits available (depending on the building) and could potentially indirectly achieve a further 11% by providing solutions that helps design teams achieve credits. This equates to a potential score of circa. 35%.

 

For more information please contact us.

 

 

 

Log-in:

Please login to add this item to your account.
If you don't have a login, please sign up here.

Close

Add to My Project

Which project would you like to add this item to?

Close