Related
Case Studies

 

Green
Star

Green Star is the leading environmental assessment procedure in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Our technical team can help customers who are looking for credits in this scheme.

 

The primary objectives of Green Star are to reduce;

1. Greenhouse gas emissions

2. Primary energy use

3. Water consumption

4. Construction and demolition waster


Green Star is divided into 9 categories and each category carries different weightings.

 

Category

Number of Points

Management

9

Innovation

9

Emissions

6

Land use & Ecology

6

Materials

14

Water

8

Indoor Environment & Quality 

20

Energy

25

Transport

8

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The following scores equate to a particular Star rating:

Overall Score

Rating

Outcome

10-19

1 Star

Not eligible for formal certification

20-29

2 Star

Not eligible for formal certification

30-44

3 Star

Not eligible for formal certification

45-59

4 Star

Eligible to apply for a Four Star Green Star Certified. 

Rating that recognizes/rewards ‘Best Practice’

60-74

5 Star

Eligible to apply for a Five Star Green Star Certified

Rating that recognizes/rewards ‘Australian Excellence’

74+

6 Star

Eligible to apply for a Six Star Green Star Certified Rating that recognizes/rewards ‘World Leader’

 

 

Kingspan can help achieve credits in the following categories:

 - Management

 - Materials

 - Energy

 - Indoor Environment Quality

 - Water

 - Emissions

 - Innovation

 

Kingspan products could contribute up to 41% of the overall credits available (depending on the building) and could potentially indirectly achieve a further 17% by providing solutions that helps design teams achieve credits. This equates to a potential score of circa. 58%.


Please contact us for more advice or information.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Log-in:

Please login to add this item to your account.
If you don't have a login, please sign up here.

Close

Add to My Project

Which project would you like to add this item to?

Close